Buyers not sending feedbacks
By Optimus Prime on Feb 23, 2011 4:03
TradeKey.com strives to provide its user base with the best possible services when it comes to conducting business online. Buyers and sellers use TradeKey.com to conduct transactions worth millions every day. Still, there are several instances where unsuspecting buyers may fall victim to a scam, largely due to attractive “too-good-to-be-true” offers.
Several postings on the TradeKey Community indicate that buyers are indeed facing problems when dealing with scammers. In response to this, TradeKey does have a dedicated FraudWatch Team that takes prompt action against any & all sellers that are reported for fraudulent activities. However, they can only accomplish this once a buyer submits a complaint through the “Report Fraud” feature at the seller’s profile along with the appropriate evidence.
Sadly, this isn’t picking steam as buyers are either unaware of how or who to contact in cases of fraud, or are reluctant to report a seller for unknown reasons. Case in point: in December 2010 at least 25 buyers posted details of how they were scammed by international sellers. All of these buyers were instructed on how to report the sellers to TradeKey, so that appropriate action could be taken. However, only 8 out of the 25 buyers reported fraud against the sellers, meaning only 35% of these postings could be properly investigated. The rest of the 65% were either never heard from again, or continue to post on the forum, despite being repeatedly instructed on how to report fraud.
There could be several reasons why buyers try to avoid reporting a seller:
1. Being frustrated and not wanting to do anything with TradeKey anymore
2. Not believing that any concrete action could take place
3. Not in possession of supporting evidence such as payment receipts, emails etc.
4. Being threatened by the seller on any pretense
5. Not wanting to take up the matter with law enforcement agencies... and many more.
What these buyers fail to realize is that by not reporting these sellers, they’re practically letting them continue to target other buyers unabated and simply get away with it. Victimized buyers that hold out on filing a complaint are not only getting any kind of resolution to their issue, but also putting other buyers at risk by not providing a negative feedback. While such buyers are more than welcome to post on the Community, this sadly does not translate to anything productive if a proper report with evidence isn’t filed.
Filing a report is easy. First, be absolutely sure that the seller has scammed you. You will realize this once the seller no longer continues contact with you if the products were not delivered even after the due date. Next, gather all the evidence you have of this transaction (such as your emails, chat logs, payment receipts etc). After that, simply visit the seller’s profile and click “Report Fraud” on the left. A form will appear where you can provide an account of what exactly happened with the seller, and attach the evidence that you have. Click ‘Submit’ and you’re done.
We hope that buyers reporting on the Community will also report the case directly to FraudWatch so that their issues can be investigated at the earliest. Cooperation of buyers in this regard is highly appreciated.
Stay Safe... Trade Safe.