Beware Alibaba/Changzou Imposol

By Bigal on Oct 8, 2014 2:44
I would just like to warn people about scams on Alibaba. I have bought things directly from China with no problems.
But my first purchase through Alibaba (Gold Supplier) taught me a lesson.
I paid the full invoice amount to Changzhou Imposol New Energy ltd for Evacuated Tube solar hot water collector. But as soon as I had paid they replied with not receiving the full amount and will not proceed until I paid more. I told them  I cant pay more than agreed and sent a comlaint to Alibaba including a copy of my bank transfer! and emails. Alibaba responded at first with complaint upheld and then changed that to complaint not validated as Imposol had told me to pay full amount.
Alibaba based that on an earlier email telling me to pay full amount which I did.
If they are genuine which I very much doubt now this would have been sorted quickly.
But they stopped responding immediatly. Emails to the main Changzhou Imposol also no response!
Alibaba seem complicit in not wanting to ensure Honest trade I feel by their lack of real response shows this.
This does not help future trade for China especialy when booms end.
Note: You must sign in to rate this message.
Australia
TCP: 112

Print
Bookmark
Related Comments
Australia
TCP: 112

Print
Bookmark

Re: Beware Alibaba/Changzou Imposol

By Bigal on Nov 19, 2014 15:19

I would just like to update this to say the Product eventually arrived, Just seems strange how unhelpful they were  to me as a customer. I tried one last email to sort this out and they eventually replied saying the would send the product at the price agreed. (strange concept)
Asked for packing declaration., one was sent with incorrect information making it difficult for me to get Customs clearance. My Clearance agent in Australia got this sorted and everything was ok.
It worked out in the end.